Winners of INNOVATION 2013 Competition
The gala awards ceremony of INNOVATION 2013, the 9th All-Russian Competition in Contemporary Visual Art, organized by the National Centre for Contemporary Arts (NCCA), took place on April 9, 2014, at the Museum of Moscow. Best artworks, curatorial projects, and research works of 2013 were awarded.
On April 8, 2014, members of the international Jury of INNOVATION 2013 Competition – Giovanna Carnevali (Barcelona, Spain), David Elliott (Berlin, Germany), Teresa Iarocci Mavica (Moscow, Russia), Sergey Kropotov (Ekaterinburg, Russia), Marina Loshak (Moscow, Russia), Semyon Mikhailovsky (St. Petersburg, Russia), and Olga Shishko (Moscow, Russia) – selected the winners in five nominations of the competition.
Winners of INNOVATION 2013 Competition:
• in “Work of Visual Art” nomination – What Did the Artist Mean by That?, exhibition by Yuri Albert and Ekaterina Degot;
• in “Curatorial Project” nomination – Reconstruction, exhibition by Elena Selina;
• in “Art Theory & Criticism” nomination – Evolution Haute Couture: Art and Science in the Post-Biological Age, international anthology by Dmitry Bulatov;
• in “Regional Project of Contemporary Art” nomination – Krasnodar: Lines on the Plan. History of KICA, summary exhibition by ZIP group and KICA activists;
• in “New Generation” nomination – BIBLIMLEN, video by Sasha Pirogova.
Also, laureates in two out-of-competition nominations received their awards:
• Vladislav Mamyshev-Monroe – “For the Creative Contribution to the Development of Contemporary Art”;
• Shalva Breus and “ArtChronika” Cultural Foundation – “For the Support of Russian Contemporary Art”.
Partners of INNOVATION 2013 Competition awarded their special prizes:
• “U-Art: You and Art” Culture and Charity Foundation – prize to Ekaterina Bobrinskaya for her book Aliens? Unofficial Art: Myths, Strategies, and Concepts;
• Stella Art Foundation – prize to Sofia Gavrilova and Alexey Korsi for their installation Don’t Even Think of Touching My Parasol;
• Embassy of France in Russia – prize to Sasha Pirogova for her video BIBLIMLEN.
The nominees’ exhibition of INNOVATION 2013 Competition is open through May 4, 2014, at the National Centre for Contemporary Arts (13 Zoologicheskaya Street) and TSUM Art Foundation non-profit space (2 Petrovka Street).
Latest news of INNOVATION Prize